Week 5 of farm share is here! The farm worked hard all day on Canada Day to harvest our beautiful veggies and to get them into the boxes for us to enjoy for this week 🙂 I’m hoping to share a photo in the next few weeks of what it looks like when they are packing up the veggies in the boxes-just so everyone can see the amount of hard work and love involved into putting them together (and that isn’t even the harvesting or cleaning/prep work involved before they are ready to go in). I’m very grateful for all the hard work that Zephyr organics does in order to provide us all with yummy veggies though out the summer/fall months.
The recipe for this week is something sweet-chocolate cupcakes made with beets! I plan on making it this week so that way I can share it with people-if I make it too soon I have a habit of eating all the chocolate baked goodies in my house myself 🙁
What could be better than chocolate and nutella? Not much I say!
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 Tb Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Paste
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Pureed Beet (1 large beet, cooked & pureed)
- 2 Tb Nutella
- 1 Tb Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Tb Hot Water (depending on desired consistency, I used 1.5 Tb)
- Wash beet and remove the greens and long stringy tip.
- Place into a small sauce pan and cover with water.
- Boil over medium heat until a fork can be inserted without resistance.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once beet has cooled, rub the outside with a paper towel to remove the skin.
- Puree in a blender or processor and measure 1/2 cup puree.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer; beat the sugar, beet puree, melted coconut oil and vanilla paste until combined.
- Add the buttermilk and egg. Mix.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients. (flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt)
- Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients with the wet while mixing.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake cupcakes for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Mix together Nutella, powdered sugar and hot water until completely smooth.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, drizzle or smear the glaze over the tops.
- This recipe yields 9 cupcakes.
-rainbow swiss chard
-red leaf lettuce
-zucchini-bok choy or purple baby bok choy
Whole (same as above with…)