We are halfway though farm share with the arrival of this weeks box! Summer seems to have been very mild thus far and we haven’t had the heat that we’ve seen the the previous summers and the tomato’s aren’t as abundant as previous years. Here is what you can look forward too in this weeks boxes:
Whole Shares (same as above with addition of)
-endive (looks like a lettuce with a more jagged, edged leaf)
This weeks recipe is for the lovely egg plants that you are getting in your boxes-Eggplant parmesan (this serves 8/10 people)
3 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
6 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.